Committed To Safety
Health, Safety, and COVID-19 Precautions
A new order from the provincial health officer will require individuals to provide proof of vaccination to access a broad range of social, recreational, and discretionary events and businesses throughout the province including events like Planted Expo.
Planted Expo 2021 will require all people aged 12 and older, attendees, exhibitors, and staff to provide proof they are fully VACCINATED before entering the event. Dr. Henry said there will be an exemption for children under the age of 12, but not for people who are unable to receive the vaccine for health or religious reasons.
Another new order from the provincial health officer will require people 12 and older to wear masks in indoor public settings, regardless of vaccination status to help prevent the spread of the Delta variant and help protect others. At this time, masks are required at Planted Expo. We will update this page as the guidelines and mandates develop. YOU MAY REMOVE YOUR MASK TEMPORARILY to enjoy your samples from exhibitors and then put your mask back on.
Our team is committed to creating a safe environment for our attendees, exhibitors, speakers, press, partners, and staff. We will be implementing a series of protocols and onsite precautions in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Planted Expo is working in accordance with the Vancouver Convention Centre and local public health officials to ensure the safety of all attendees.
Please check back frequently for ongoing updates. We thank you for your commitment to being the change, safely, and we look forward to seeing you on-site in Vancouver.
The health and safety of the exhibitors, sponsors, staff, and attendees are our first priority. Everyone who plans to join us in person at Planted Expo in Vancouver on November 20-21, 2021 must provide proof that they are fully vaccinated before entering the event. Attendees must bring valid ID and proof of vaccination. There is an exemption for children under the age of 12, but not for people who are unable to receive the vaccine for health or religious reasons.
Health and Safety Terms and Conditions
By registering and attending Planted Expo, you agree to follow all the health and safety requirements of Planted Expo and the Vancouver Convention Centre while at the event. These guidelines and protocols are subject to change at the discretion of Planted Expo as the situation develops.
You also agree to not attend Planted Expo if you feel ill or had recent exposure to a COVID-19 case.
You can review all Terms and Conditions here.
Onsite Safety Protocols
The following protocols will be in place during Planted Expo.
- Vancouver Convention Centre's has the Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation for outbreak prevention, response, and recovery. Read more here.
- The exhibit hall will include wider aisles on the floor.
- PPE will be available throughout the Planted Expo.
- Attendees, exhibitors, and staff must complete an on-site attestation confirming compliance with all health and safety protocols including being fully vaccinated if over the age of 12.
All attendees, exhibitors, and staff should:
- Receive their final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine no later than two weeks prior to the event.
- Not enter the Vancouver Convention Centre if they are experiencing any flu-like symptoms;
- Wash hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds and/or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
- Avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouths with unwashed hands
- Engage in additional responsible health and safety practices, on and off of the Vancouver Convention Centre.
- Wearing a mask is required by the provincial health officer for people 12 and older in indoor public settings, regardless of vaccination status.
Bring on the sampling! You may sample right in the exhibitor's booth. You may temporarily remove your mask to enjoy your sample and then put your mask back on. There are no 'sampling zones' and you can enjoy your sample anywhere on the show floor.
Before You Arrive
Bookmark this page and check back, as we will be frequently adding updates here to our onsite safety and sanitation plans.